The Lisa Schallock String Camp Scholarship is a merit based scholarship available to HYSOC members wishing to continue their music training during the summer months.
1) Student must have been a member of HYSOC for AT LEAST one year and take private lessons.
2) Student must provide evidence of camp acceptance and any other financial assistance provided by the camp of other sources.
3) Student must provide a letter of recommendation from their teacher indicating student capabilities, motivation, responsibility and involvement in musical activities.
4) Students must submit one paragraph answers to following questions:
- What do you like best about string playing?
- What are some important things you are learning about music and the process of “how to learn” music?
- Describe three things you are proud of in your musical accomplishments (school, home, lessons, community, etc.)
- Why do you want to go to this particular music camp and what do you hope to learn through this experience?
Submission are due asap
Please either email your submission or mail to:
Homer Youth String Orchestra Club
P.O. Box 132
Homer, Alaska 99603